Okolie is correct-handed, due to this fact he fights out of the orthodox stance. Okolie then picked up the European title in an excellent seventh-round TKO of Ngabu final October, in his second battle with coach Shane McGuigan. Six-foot-five and 198 kilos, 28-yr-old boxer Lawrence “The Sauce” Okolie is not solely on the cusp of turning into Hackney’s homegrown boxing champion – he’s throwing his hat into the ring of rap, too. Episode three takes us to the lifetime of ‘The Sauce’ Lawrence Okolie.
- Good fight, and what a talent Okolie may become!
- News Corp is a network of main corporations within the worlds of diversified media, information, training, and knowledge services.
- But rust had nothing to do with the result of Saturday’s fight, which was decided by Okolie’s tidy boxing and one-punch power.
- Since representing Team GB at Rio 2016, Okolie has raced to 14-zero and his awkward yet effective fashion coupled along with his potent punch energy make him an actual handful for any Cruiserweight.
- All fights record 2021, champion titles, age, top, reach and weight, KO ratio of the boxer Lawrence «The Sauce» Okolie.
- Okolie stays undefeated as knowledgeable, stopping 4 of his last 5 opponents.
Of these 16 wins he is stopped 13 of his opponents, so his current knock-out ratio is 81%. He’s boxed a complete of 69 rounds, which means his professional fights final 4.three rounds on average. His first skilled struggle occurred on the Manchester Arena in Manchester on 25 March 2017. It was on the undercard for the Jorge Linares vs. Anthony Crolla light-weight world championship fight.
Okolie knocked Rusiewicz down twice in round one en path to a first-round stoppage. Bullied in his teenage years, he used boxing to construct vanity and shed weight. After an Olympic look in 2016, his early years as an expert had been the main target of harsh phrases and mock when a run of fights descended into drab, scrappy affairs. As a professional boxer, Okolie’s document is 15-zero with 12 of those fights coming by stoppage.
“Okolie is improving on a regular basis, it is solely going to go energy to strength. Long vary, devastating energy. I’m wanting ahead to some massive fights for him.” But the poise Okolie confirmed, the convenience with which he handled the event and the harmful end served up all level to a fighter going places. Some might level to Glowacki’s 21 months out of the ring – together with a spell suffering with Covid-19 – as proof of a fighter who was susceptible.
From Flipping Burgers To Wembley Walkouts: The Rise And Rise Of Okolie
Lawrence Okolie is a British boxer, who competes within the cruiserweight division. The final fight of Lawrence Okolie happened on March 20, 2021 towards Krzysztof Glowacki. Glowacki was wanting a bit lost when Okolie set him up with the jab earlier than landing a crunching right hand to the Pole’s chin. Glowacki crumpled to the canvas, got to his feet at the rely of 9 however was on unsteady legs, and referee Marcus McDonnell stopped the battle. Blood started to stream down Glowacki’s face after Okolie planted an extended jab on the cut within the fifth spherical, as the Londoner strengthened his grip on the battle.